Wednesday 13 April 2011

1885 View of Login and Calfaria Chapel

Just found this super old view across Login to Calfaria Chapel on the Peoples Collection Wales. Seems it was taken in 1885. Pity Gwenlais where I lived is hidden by trees. The shop already had its veranda - wish I could read what is written on the shop side - can anyone else?
Everywhere looked so clean and well kept, with really neat gardens - a credit to them all.
 


There is also a lovely shot of Calfaria Chapel, also 1885

Rev Davies

Creator John Thomas, 1838-1905, Owner NLW, Date1885.  (Don't think I have infringed copyright by putting this here but will remove if I have.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo of the chapel My Great Grandfather and Great great grandfather along with his three wives are buried in the top row to the right of the chapel lots and lots of history there of the Jones Family 😊