Monday 31 March 2014

Ffynnonwen School Groups 1920s




From Anne Capon, cousin of Derrick Evans - My father, Mervyn John Davies, is the boy standing in the middle of the back row, directly in front of the window and wearing a dark coloured tie over what looks like a jumper.  
His younger brother, Des, is in the next row down, third boy from the seated headmaster.  
I would estimate my dad to be about 10 years of age in the photo which would mean the photo was taken around 1927/8 (my dad was born in April 1917).  
He and his brother grew up in Login with their parents Albert Rose Davies.  Derrick's mother, Mabel, was Albert's sister.

I am aware that, from September 1929, my dad continued his education at The County School, Whitland, and therefore assume that he would have remained at Ffynnonnwen School until the age of 12. 






The second of the two school photos was probably taken after my father had left the school but it show's dad's brother Des standing in the back row, second boy from the headmaster.

No comments: