Sunday 23 July 2017

Mabel Evans Plascrwn fishing in the Taf



Mrs Mabel Evans Plascrwn fishing near the bridge in the Taf river.

It sees that it may be Sofi Morris' husband on the bridge peeping over.

 Sofi was the Postmistress and lived at Brodawel, her brother was William "Bila" who also worked at the Station. Sofi also taught at the Sunday School.

Caleb Morris was also a former Stationmaster at Login, and wondered if they were related?

 Ruth states - 'I can recall Billa and Sofi living down that little lane by the stream just by the entrance to the chapel car park.  We used to use that path past their house as a short cut -  the feidr fach (small lane) - don't think its an official footpath though but we'd sometimes brave it on the way home from Ffynnonwen School.  I can remember getting soaked falling in that stream!'

 Derrick Rhyddarch-Evans states 'The photo of my mother fishing was, I think, taken just below the bridge. The young lad with her was my cousin Desmond who can also be seen in a couple of the Fynnonwen school photos.'

(Some information on Sofi and Bila was gleaned from comments on the Login Station Facebook page and I welcome any additions or amendments.)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well,well... that's a picture of my Great Aunt Mabel that I've never seen before.
I spent many happy holidays at Plas Crwn as a child with my grandfather, Trevor Davies,Mabel's brother.

Unknown said...

That's my Great Aunt Mabel,my grandfather Trevor Davies' sister.I spent happy holidays as a child in Login.

Unknown said...

Hello - would be fascinated to know more about Plascrwn and Taf cottage - we're renovating them !